Roasted Leeks 烤大葱

This is my first time trying Japanese-style roasted leeks but certainly not my last.  I have not tried this appetizer/side-dish before in any Japanese eateries/restaurants. That said, I don't often eat at Japanese restaurants in the first place.


Nothing wacked my curiosity so much than this recipe that I came across in the Internet. The outcome? The leeks mellowed out so tender and sweet, perfectly balanced with the salty sauce-seasoning and bonito flakes.





Roasted Leeks 烤大葱
adapted from Pickledplum.com
Ingredients:
1 trimmed leek (white portions only), sliced to 3-4 finger-lengths, then halve each finger-length to smaller pieces (refer photo above)
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp sake
1tbsp bonito flakes (omit if vegetarian)

Directions: Preheat oven 350. Place the leeks in parchment paper. Toss the leeks in sesame oil and seal the parchment as a pouch. Bake for 25mins. Remove from the oven, open the pouch and add soy sauce-sake mix to the baked leek, gently toss. Place them on a plate, then top with bonito flakes. Serve warm.


Sharing with Hearth and Soul

Tag:

An Escape to Food on Facebook